Side Trip to Kamay ni Hesus, Lucban Quezon



Sunday, August 17, 2014

I started updating my blogs this last week of July 2014. I guess it's time to update this one as well.

Last June 13, 2014, I finally experienced a company summer outing. Colleagues have organized a summer excursion/team-building ala amazing race style.

Before proceeding to the actual venue of our summer outing, we did a side trip to Kamay ni Hesus in Lucban, Quezon.

Kamay ni Hesus is a sprawling 5 hectare shrine in Tinamnan, Lucban, Quezon known as healing center and a specially popular destination during Holy Week pilgrimage.

The Shrine was built rising up a hill, culminating with a 50 foot statue of Jesus Christ in outstretched arms at the top of the hill. The 14 Stations of the Cross is depicted in the slope of the hill via giant statues, visitors need to climb over 300 steps of stairs in stones to reach the top.



Photo by Robert Ryan Bangoy


The Shrine was created in 1998 through the leadership of Fr. Joey Faller who celebrates healing masses there regularly.

As our presence there was just a mere side trip. We had our breakfast at the foot of the hill and then climbed the stairs to the summit.


Photo by Robert Ryan Bangoy


As I walk the steps, I even met a batchmate in high school. We greeted each other quickly and went our own separate way.

I totally agree that the place is perfect for some self-reflection and meditation. I hope I can go back during the Lenten Season.

Here are some other sites for more information about Kamay ni Hesus:

0 comments:

Looking for Something Else? SEARCH it HERE

Sponsors

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP