Spiritual Retreat Kicks off A Promising Summer



Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Last Sunday, me and girlfriend Tintin participated in a spiritual retreat organized by my high school alumni org at Fr. Al's Retreat House inside the Sisters of Mary School Complex in Silang Cavite.

I would have to say that the spiritual retreat kicked off a promising summer for both of us.


GF Tintin outside Fr. Al's Retreat House & Memorabilia Building

It was a great time spent on reflecting one's spirituality.

First, the participants were made to watch the life of St. Peter the Apostle as he and the other apostles spread the message about Jesus Christ and the eventual establishment of the faith in Rome.

What I took from the film was that even if you disown Jesus like Peter, even if you're a murdere like Saul/Paul, you are still loved by God and He can change you. It would be struggle to pursue a life dedicated to God but it is something worth dying for.

Next was one of last videos made by Fr. Al to the benefactors of his charity works. I felt ashamed at shunning away from hard responsibilities when this man, Fr. Al, stricken with ALS or Lou Gehrig's disease worked for so many charitable causes until his last breath. Later that day, I pledge to support FACFI - Fr. AL's Children's Foundation Inc. - the funding arm of the Sisters of Mary in the Philippines.

Aside from reflection, we also prayed the rosary and attended the Palm Sunday mass. We would also have prayed the Stations of the Cross but time did not permit.

As for the rosary, it was the first time since I graduated from high school (1995) that I kneeled the whole time. And I forgot most of the prayers said after the regular rosary.

All in all, it was a great day in terms of finding out the state of my soul and I came up more determined to change my bad ways by trying to recall the things taught while I was still a student inside the Sisters of Mary.

Also, I am glad that girlfriend Tintin came along in this activity. Doing things together will definitely make us closer. But doing a spiritual retreat together will guide our relationship towards God.


0 comments:

Looking for Something Else? SEARCH it HERE

Sponsors

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP