Spiritual Retreat - A Different Kind of Summer Outing



Saturday, April 16, 2011

For Filipino Catholics like me, summer in the Philippines is also the time of Lent and Holy Week. This is a good time to participate in a spiritual retreat.

Admittedly, spiritual retreats can be done any time of the year, but it is more timely during the summer. Besides, the Holy Week, is oftentimes declared a long holiday. So, it is easier on the schedule.

I, for one, have made reservation to attend a spiritual retreat tomorrow.


I believe that finding time to look into one's spirituality is great to be a part of anyone's summer plans. It is not as pleasurable as going to the beach or trekking the mountains, but there's really fulfillment after going through it.

This Sunday, my girlfriend and I will attend a pre-holy-week spiritual retreat at my high school alma mater in Silang, Cavite. Modesty aside, our school grounds are highly conducive to meditation and contemplation. When you are communing with nature, it is easier to think about God, the soul and spirituality in general.

I'm looking forward to this spiritual retreat, and I believe it will make my summer all the more fun.

:)

0 comments:

Looking for Something Else? SEARCH it HERE

Sponsors

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP